3. Automatically remount previously mounted images on Windows startup.
4. Automatically check for updates twice a month.
5. DAEMON Tools Lite interface language.
Hot keys tab
You can set keyboard combinations (like Ctrl+Shift+M, etc.) for show/hide main DAEMON Tools Lite window, unmount all and mount to the first device (would display 'Open' dialog to select image file to mount). To set combination: click on action box, press combination keys simultaneously (combination would be displayed in the box) and click on 'Apply'.
1. List of file types for Windows to use DAEMON Tools Lite as default program to open. Windows would run DAEMON Tools Lite to mount the file when opened (by double click in Windows Explorer). See File associations for detailed instructions.
2. Check for empty device to mount to when mounted from windows (as default — by double click in Windows Explorer). If no empty devices found image would replace mounted one in the first device.
Allows to enable proxy server to update DAEMON Tools Lite.
Allows to enable/disable confirmations ('Are you sure?' modal pop-up dialogs).
Advanced emulation options are available for SCSI virtual devices only (require SCSI device to be installed) which require SPTD driver. In its turn SPTD driver can lead to some issues depending on your system configuration and anti-virus software installed. So it's recommended to keep these options disabled excluding the case of image with special signature marked as 'NEEDS EMULATION' or 'NEEDS RMPS'.
RMPS Most modern protected discs are manufactured in such a way that they cannot be duplicated on a CD-R/DVD-R easily because burning devices are not capable to record all protection information on usual media. To create personal backups of such discs a special technique was developed called Removable Media Physical Signature (RMPS): the burning application extracts additional information from the image and appends it to the normal data on the CD-R/DVD-R via special signature written to disc during burning process. At the same time label of media is modified to 'NEEDS EMULATION' or 'NEEDS RMPS...' to indicate that for proper operation RMPS emulation must be activated. If you encounter such a disc you need enable RMPS emulation in DAEMON Tools. Once RMPS emulation is activated you need to eject and reinsert disc: if it is recognized then you will see the original disc's label and all additional data from original image will be emulated by DAEMON Tools Lite. The only burning application today which can create RMPS discs is DAEMON Tools Pro. RMPS is effective for the below following protections.
SafeDisc, SecuROM, LaserLock Some CD writers cannot write RAW data or complete subchannel data needed for these copy protections. If a 1:1 image does not work because of these limitations, activate the appropriate emulation for DAEMON Tools Lite to work around this limitation.